Easy Apple Crisp with Honey
This works best with either Granny Smith or Golden Delicious Apples; serve warm with ice cream. Yum!
Prep Time: 20 Min Cook Time: 30 Min Ready In: 50 Min
- 4 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Evenly spread the apple slices in the prepared dish. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and water, and pour over the apples. Drizzle apples with honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned.